HEAD OF SALES
Reporting to the founder & CEO, Kiran Gopinath, the Head of Sales will be responsible for revenue, sales strategy and client development for Ozone Media in the US market. The sales leader will develop and execute upon the revenue strategy with key constituents including: DSPs, Trading Desks, Mid-Size Agencies, DMPs and other Ad Tech players to use Ozone Media products internally and as integrated solutions with their clients. This sales leader will have ownership and responsibility for client and agency relationships in the designated region.
The Head of Sales will also be responsible for managing a small team of 3 that will support the US sales efforts in identifying prospects, and securing meetings with a diverse group of partners. Further, the sales leader will help recruit and manage 3 sales managers in the first 90-days. The role involves working collaboratively with other functional groups in developing and executing sales plans in order to achieve sales objectives and a US revenue target of $10MM by Mar 2015 and $85MM by the end of FY15 (March 2016).
Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Develop strategic plan to achieve revenue goals of $4-5MM during first six months
- Build new partnerships in the US; strengthen & manage partner relationships to ensure longevity and continued loyalty
- Leverage external relationships and personal network to generate sales leads for territory
- Explore opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling within existing relationships
- Develop and maintain strong active relationships with key client stakeholders
- Maintain a highly strategic perspective and feedback loop to ensure that the company’s partnerships, packages, pricing, support and teams stay ahead of the curve in a fast-changing industry landscape
- Establish US sales infrastructure, including territories and management reporting
- Collaborate with marketing team to ensure sound competitive strategy, and that PR, events and other marketing activities are executed flawlessly
Compensation: Base, plus Commission, plus Options
Ozone Media is looking for and experienced sales leader, ideally with channel sales, commerce and/or trading desk experience, who can hit the ground running in the US. The successful candidate will also have experience building and managing a small sales team, and being a hands-on closer.
Other key skills & experiences
- 8-10 years of overall experience with 3-5 years of experience in Ad Tech
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter looking to have significant impact on business success and all-hands-on-deck attitude
- Proven closer with strong revenue building skills
- Proven track record of closing high volume of deals
- Knowledge of Ad Technology, Digital media, DSPs, SSPs, Exchanges, RTBs, Digital Advertising space a must
- Strong network of US contacts, and proven success
- Must be self-motivated, possess the ability to organize, prioritize and manage others to meet revenue targets
- Sharp business and commercial acumen with sound negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Should be able to fit in well within an informal fast-paced global startup environment
- Engineering. Post graduate MBA would be an added advantage
The ideal candidate possesses excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. S/he must be a high-energy individual with an excellent strength of convictions, a self-confident leader, who, in part, due to his/her personal presence, style and demeanor, can effectively sell ideas and programs to others. This person loves the “thrill of closing” and finds mutual benefits for both client and company. This person is a natural risk-taker and has a high level of ambition. Equally important, this person must have unquestioned integrity.
This person will be a better listener than talker, working closely with clients to understand their problems, and leverage Ozone Media products and services to best provide solutions.
Given the relatively early-stage entry into the US market, this person will serve as an evangelist, and have a hunger for ad tech, especially marketing automation, dynamic creative optimization & scalability, re-targeting, audience-centricity, and constantly seek to understand and elevate Ozone Media products and services in the market.
We’re looking for someone who is creative, likes traveling, and has an abundance of welcoming energy.
Founded in 2006, Ozone Media Inc., is an IDG Ventures India funded company that is focused on innovating to simplify Retargeting and Programmatic media for the middle market. As India’s largest network, the company has already benefited from profitable, global reach with clients spread across North America, Middle East, APAC and India, and with offices in Santa Clara, CA, and Bangalore, India.
With even more global expansion expected, Ozone Media, is strengthening their US footprint by developing the Santa Clara, CA office.
“We are delighted to join the many other technology leaders that call Silicon Valley home. Presence in Silicon Valley gives us a golden opportunity to capitalize on the technology trends and partnership opportunities that are so abundant in this area. Silicon Valley is a renowned global center for the disruptive innovation, top talent and will help us reach our key audiences that will help propel Ozone Media to the next level.” – Kiran Gopinath, Founder & CEO
Ozone Media has already forged relationships with some of ad techs biggest players including AppNexus, Google’s Doubleclick Ad Exchange, MicroAd, and Yahoo! Ad Exchange, among others.
Profitable and in a high-grow stage, the company’s current valuation is expected to more than double in the next two years. With their latest dynamic creative optimization tool, Adadyn, now out of beta, Ozone Media offers a full suite of solutions to help better engage audiences in real-time and deliver customers better ROI.
As a global company, Ozone Media take pride in their work and always challenge the status quo. The company works to break down global barriers internally and externally, with the goal of being the best in quality, reliability and delivery. Employees are empowered to be creative and to experiment with new ideas. Client relations are at our core and infused in all facets of the business, with everyone committed to not just meeting but exceeding customer expectations.
Yahoo Finance: Ozone Media Partners with AppNexus to Deliver an End-to-End Programmatic Media Buying Experience for Mid Market Advertisers
Digital Market Asia: Following APAC, India based Ozone Media sets eye on Silicon Valley
Business Today India: In a pivot, it’s tough to get people to turn around: Ozone Media CEO
Digital Market Asia: ‘Ozone’ with a ‘Sparc’