DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Reporting to the Founder and CEO, Kiran Gopinath, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for providing strategic marketing leadership, particularly in the areas of branding/positioning, marketing execution and team development. This person will be responsible for devising and delivering US marketing strategies and will increase brand awareness, drive product adoption, customer retention and revenue.
The role involves working collaboratively with a small marketing team to design and develop integrated marketing plans across all facets of acquisition and retention marketing including: website, PR, events, all communications, newsletters, social media, online and offline campaigns, search, sales materials, product releases, partner marketing and associated analytics.
The Director of Marketing will be charged with building a great team, including attracting high performing individuals in PR, trade events & partner marketing, including external marketing partners to help deliver on the company’s high-growth strategy.
- Maintain competitive analysis to Identify potential markets and customer segment gaps to formulate and execute product positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategy
- Manage forecasting, budgeting ($3MM- $5MM), and delivering against those goals
- Position Ozone as a leader in Ad Tech through content and thought leadership
- Work with multiple stakeholders to ensure measurable impact on revenues globally (US is pinpoint focus)
- Identify and manage all external partners including negotiations and coordination with various creative agencies, media & event vendors, ESPs & PR companies
- Maintain brand expectations by overseeing the development and day-to-day management of collateral, social media, website, online campaigns, videos, email, newsletters, and other relevant channels
- Spearhead PR for new initiatives, product launches and ensure relevant media visibility
- Strategize and support company at customer briefings, partner meetings and industry events
- Build and grow lead a high quality marketing team
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Compensation: Base, plus Bonus, plus Options
Ozone Media is looking for an experienced ad tech senior marketing executive that will help guide the next evolution for Ozone Media. This person is well versed in the global ad tech space, understands how to capitalize on success domestically to extend worldwide. This person is strategic, analytical, and also hands-on. S/he appreciates and knows what it takes to drive a scrappy marketing team. S/he has the management skills to build and motivate a dedicated team and those around him/her to deliver on high-growth strategies.
Other key skills & experiences
- 7-10 years of experience with at least 4 years of experience in product marketing in a technology or ad technology firm - any graduate, MBA preferred
- Experience handling core marketing strategy and execution for at least one international market
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results in start-up growth stage environment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partner management, including negotiation skills with an ability to create and build and manage both internal and external relationships
- A solutions-oriented, strategic thinker with a customer first-approach
- Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Ad tech domain understanding, especially related to automated marketing, including programmatic and real-time media
- Highly creative and resourceful: ability to get things done with lean staff and modest resources
The ideal candidate possesses excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. S/he must be a high-energy individual with an excellent strength of convictions, a self-confident leader, who, in part, due to his/her personal presence, style and demeanor, can effectively sell ideas and programs to others. S/he leads by example and easily garners the respect of her/his team, peers, and industry.
This person is a natural, but calculated, risk-taker and has a high level of ambition. Equally important, this person must have unquestioned integrity. This person loves the big milestones, and will help celebrate successes to the industry and recognize the team.
Given the relatively early-stage entry into the US market, this person will serve as an evangelist, and have a hunger for ad tech, especially marketing automation, dynamic creative optimization & scalability, and constantly seek to understand and elevate Ozone Media products and services in the market. This person also understands the importance of the voice of the customer, and sees it as the fundamental and crucial guide for the market strategy.
We’re looking for someone who is driven, creative, willing to roll-up-their sleeves, have fun, and has an abundance of welcoming energy.
Founded in 2006, Ozone Media Inc., is an IDG Ventures India funded company that is focused on innovating to simplify Retargeting and Programmatic media for the middle market. As India’s largest network, the company has already benefited from profitable, global reach with clients spread across North America, Middle East, APAC and India, and with offices in Santa Clara, CA, and Bangalore, India.
With even more global expansion expected, Ozone Media, is strengthening their US footprint by developing the Santa Clara, CA office.
“We are delighted to join the many other technology leaders that call Silicon Valley home. Presence in Silicon Valley gives us a golden opportunity to capitalize on the technology trends and partnership opportunities that are so abundant in this area. Silicon Valley is a renowned global center for the disruptive innovation, top talent and will help us reach our key audiences that will help propel Ozone Media to the next level.” – Kiran Gopinath, Founder & CEO
Ozone Media has already forged relationships with some of ad techs biggest players including AppNexus, Google’s Doubleclick Ad Exchange, MicroAd, and Yahoo! Ad Exchange, among others.
Profitable and in a high-grow stage, the company’s current valuation is expected to more than double in the next two years. With their latest dynamic creative optimization tool, Adadyn, now out of beta, Ozone Media offers a full suite of solutions to help better engage audiences in real-time and deliver customers better ROI.
As a global company, Ozone Media take pride in their work and always challenge the status quo. The company works to break down global barriers internally and externally, with the goal of being the best in quality, reliability and delivery. Employees are empowered to be creative and to experiment with new ideas. Client relations are at our core and infused in all facets of the business, with everyone committed to not just meeting but exceeding customer expectations.
Yahoo Finance: Ozone Media Partners with AppNexus to Deliver an End-to-End Programmatic Media Buying Experience for Mid Market Advertisers
Digital Market Asia: Following APAC, India based Ozone Media sets eye on Silicon Valley
Business Today India: In a pivot, it’s tough to get people to turn around: Ozone Media CEO
Digital Market Asia: ‘Ozone’ with a ‘Sparc’